Thank you for your donation
The Galápagos Islands are at a critical time in their evolution. Powerful forces - introduced species of plants, animals, insects, and viruses; over-population; and tourism itself - are threatening to destroy this priceless world heritage. The islands have a chance of surviving only if the travel industry, and more travelers like yourself, unite to form broad and lasting support.
What will your support do?
Your donation will support IGTOA's mission of creating a model of responsible and sustainable tourism in the Galápagos. We define this as:
- Creating benefits and educational opportunities for local people.
- Strengthening responsible tourism management.
- Building strong financial support for conservation among the travel industry and travelers.
- Promoting high professional standards for the tourist industry.
- We allocate funds to projects sponsored or recommended by our partner organizations, such as WildAid, Charles Darwin Foundation, Rainforest Alliance, and, Galápagos Chamber of Tourism (CAPTURGAL), AGIPA (Galápagos Guides Association), and other Galápagos community-based organizations, such as schools and foundations. We also alert travelers, the public, and government agencies to potential threats.
For more information on IGTOA funding, see Projects & Funding